Good people

Poor start to the day. Painful ankle and foot, left my wallet in the house, and even when Lorraine kindly drove me to the station I missed my train by seconds. When I at last arrived it was a typical agency Friday, i.e. ramping up to a frenzy to get everything done for the week. Ankle poor, and hobbling painfully. Constantly interrupted from one lot of urgent, if ill-defined, work by someone trying to sort out an even less well defined job.

Heartily pleased to be heading off at the end of the day. And tonight I sauntered down to The Salisbury where I met my lovely Lorraine and Betty who had a day out shopping together. Felt strange and nice to meet them in this old haunt of my London days.

Had  a fast drink in there before repairing next door to the Coward Theatre where we saw a play called Good People, starring Imelda Staunton, who I like a lot. Enjoyed the experience, but felt quite critical of the play and how it was staged. The first half was very static, and made you notice things like the wavering American accents, and the elaborate and slightly unnecessary set design, and the second scene was at least 50% too long.  The second half, however, was far better, and the writing and performances snappier. All very enjoyable, and interesting.

We taxied to Victoria and missed our train by seconds. Home and I stopped to buy an Ace Pizza which Betty and I consumed hungrily once I'd brought it home. Home at last. And the weekend too. Brilliant.

Below Lorraine and Betty before the show started.


Comments