Trouble in the East

More slow and steady progress on the book, then a quick go in the gym. Didn't get so swimmy headed this time, and even had a conversation with a man in the changing room about locks. Lots of eastern Europeans at the gym in the last month or so. Had a new stair carpet laid, by two guys that came around when they were supposed to, charged a very reasonable price and did a good job. Weird when that happens.

When the carpet people were here, I was listening to the World at One on Radio 4, and growing increasingly alarmed at the news about the Crimea. There is quite a strong chance of deadly trouble with Russia over this -- and I can't think when I have been more alarmed by the news. As I happened to be briefly on Facebook as I was listening I put something on there to this effect. Only one person commented, Robbie, who made light of it saying it was like Gibraltar. Facebook is not a medium for debate.

Back to the Nightingale with Lorraine, who'd had a long week, in the evening. We saw the run through of Fat Man a promising play about Orpheus, by the two guys I saw on Wednesday Martin and Alex. Enjoyable run through with some amazing moments. They are still finalising the play and it is interesting to see a work in progress like this. Lorraine and I talking about it quite a bit afterwards.

Lorraine and I then made off to The Basketmakers, chatted to Irish Tom, went for fish and chips, returned and chatted with Matt and John who had been watching Japanese drummers. Rather stuffy and noisy in The Basketmakers so Lorraine and I left for the tranquility of home, after a nice evening.

Comments