To Kent

Up early and working on poems before chatting with Mas for a while. Poems progressing well, and I have some ideas. Booked to go into London for some more work tomorrow, which is good.

Then we drove off to see Pat and Maureen in Kent. While Maureen and Lorraine attended to a thing about which I cannot blog, I made myself useful in a manly way by helping Pat remove a gas fire and install a new electric coal effect fire in the front room. Found myself cleaning an old fireplace which gave me a Proustian flashback to being a child and cleaning grates. Eggshell and dust, and a few spiders which Pat culled methodically.

Greatly fortified by hot soup and a delicious cottage pie. Saw Basil the cat, who looked exceptionally happy and had lost weight since being moved to Lorraine's parents.

After Pat had enjoyed Sean the Sheep, he suggested I watch the 1959 version of The 39 Steps starring Kenneth Moore, on in the afternoon, as I'd never seen it. Never a dull moment in the film, and quite liked glimpses of England and Scotland in 59.

Zooming home along spray filled rainy motorways, filled with lorrys. A big just-past-full moon emerging from time to time. Lorraine listening to Mumford & Sons album. Home to find Betty and her pals Amy and Kayleigh. To bed early.

Comments