A ruddy darter

Spent hours doing my books today, and finally sent them off to my glamorous accountant this evening, after Lorraine had dug out the final pieces of the puzzle. Had a small glass of ouzo to celebrate afterwards. Now I hope my accountant can perform her wily Scottish wizardry on it. And it looks like more work next week in London too, to cover for First Matie, which is good news. Also booked tickets to Guernsey for a few days in November; a couple of writing days for me, then being joined by Lorraine for sheer fun.

I went for a walk for a couple of hours, drifting about in the walled garden and park and peering into ponds at fish and what I thought were dragonflies but turn out to be ruddy darters, and looking at spiders and cyclamen, and walking among squirreled trees and other things that make me feel happy. I have a simple nature.

Went back to Sing Li my old fish and chip shop this evening, as I had an enthusiasm-for-cooking fail tonight. The owner smiley at my return, and remembering that I don't have salt and vinegar (preferring to apply my own at home). His limited English slightly amazes me. He has had that shop for years of dealing with customers face to face, but when I said 'you have a good memory', he simply did not understand what I'd said. Home in an aromatic car, children collecting conkers in the street, to scarf fish and chips with my Lorraine and all was well.

Below a door into Autumn; goldfish among clouds; pond; pampas grass; a ruddy darter keeping still for its photo; late bloom; a  garden spider who had bewebbed a traffic light. Click the pics to see its bristles :-)












Comments