My birthday

Up early opening some excellent birthday presents from Lorraine. Something for my eyes, which was DVDs of the cult 90s SciFi show Above and Beyond, then something for my ears, which was a lovely murmury album called Coexist by The XX,  then something for my soul, which was a fossil fish about two and a half inches long and deep bodied like a hatchet fish. And finally a perfect Lamy ink pen.

Working on poems in a bit of a frenzy this morning. In the afternoon Beth and her pal Olivia arrived, very cheerful and lively. I like Olivia, she's one of Beth's new besties from university.

Facebook is an interesting thing. I had dozens of people sending me good wishes today. Facebook is excellent for this kind of stuff. Spoke too to Mum and First Matie.

After Lorraine gave me a miniature chocolate cake with a candle, we went to The Basketmakers, where we met Anton, Dawn, Beth and Olivia. I hugely enjoyed myself. Some of my very favourite people in my very favourite pub, what could be nicer?

Comments