Back to the Batty

Pervaded with the Friday feeling today, despite it being grey and rainy. Nicola, with whom I walked out to buy a sandwich, said it was proper Manchester weather.

I had a cheery day, having enjoyed working on worms this week, even feeling quite fond of the little blighters by the end of it. Also enjoyed working with Slug again, who I always knew was a bit of a synthesizer nerd, and prog rock fancier. What I had not expected was that he has an alter ego: Dieter Banal, who with his musical partner, Hans Glib, have an immense back catalogue of decades of challenging 'experimental sonic attack' music as The New Cow.

Am working again next week, and probably the week after. The Kenny coffers are in a much better shape than they have of late, which is making me feel more in control of events again. This is a happy place to be, and I feel like so much of the logjam that blocked so much creativity this year is going.

Sprinting off to catch the train in the rain after work, for the call of the seagull had grown strong in me, and I  managed to arrive in Brighton early. I met Anton at the Battle of Trafalgar, who for a variety of reasons had an unspeakable week. He however gave me a birthday present of Periodic Tablecloth of Swearing, made by Modern Toss. We were soon joined by Lorraine, Betty, Cath, Rosie, Wayne and Matt, and we all proceeded to have a lively evening, some of it involving mad plans to put a show on in New York, and somehow agreeing to walk with Anton through long tunnels under mountains.

Lorraine, Betty and I poured ourselves into a cab, pausing to pick up midnight snackage. All well. 


Comments