Jumpers and worms

Off this morning to work with my chums in Tavistock Square. Train delayed as usual, and felt very tired this morning. However, I had a civilised beer at lunch with Karam and Steve to celebrate my birthday, chatting among other things about the amazing Felix Baumgartner jump. His courage was incredible. But then I guess there was no other way down.

Somewhat less heroically, I spent most of the day happily thinking about advertising concepts for worming pills, and some time looking at pictures of dogs' and cats' intestinal worms, which was every bit as repulsive as you'd imagine.

Home, listening to the 'Wittertainment' of the Kermode and Mayo podcast. Once arrived, and having returned home past the Church of Christ the King VS street drinkers standoff, and Lorraine and I watched yet another Above and Beyond episode. I like it just as much now as I did when I first saw it on TV, strangely still a cult show, which was devised by people who had worked on the X-Files.

Below gulp! One of the many incredible images generated during the Felix Baumgartner jump.


Comments