Pulling up the drawbridge

Temperatures falling. Lorraine off early, while I pulled up the drawbridge and simply got on with my own work. Mainly poetry, along with writing a piece for the notebook about Richard's excellent book. I don't think it was by accident that Richard and I overlapped, so much of his work really resonates with me. The more I look at Richard's work, the more similar I find our preoccupations.  Perhaps this is because we intuitively agree what is the proper business of poetry.
Forgot to say that yesterday I popped into a interesting exhibition in the little Lighthouse gallery in Brighton, where I saw an exhibition called Geographies of Seeing by Trevor Paglen. Much more interesting than its title would suggest. There were photographs of spy satellites in the night sky for example, or secret drone aircraft shot from two miles away. Photography with a purpose and political engagement that I found really refreshing and admirable.

Have three days next week, barring slips twixt cup and lip, like the one that cost me thousands this week. Bah.

Lorraine and I able to have a curry in the Shahi. Simply really good fun to have time to chat, and the waiters loving Lorraine as usual. In between their attentions, Lorraine and I talking about God and religion. Home early for the sofa was distinctly appealing.

They watch the moon, by Trevor Paglin.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.