Scooby snacks

Catflap malfunctioned in the night two bedraggled cats in the rain this morning. Clearing up this morning in preparation of the visitors we have coming over the next few days. Today Glynis, Beth's Grandmother, and Beth's Godparents Jean and Nigel arrived. Jean and Nigel who are now in their seventies met at a Sunday School teachers convention, and are a lovely couple. I liked Glynis too, and didn't feel any of the potential awkwardness of her being Lorraine's ex-husband's mother. She is greatly respected in the family and I could see why.

After I had shopped in the nearby satisfyingly bourgeois deli, and we had constructed massive scooby-snack lunches (me thinking of my Great Dane loving former art director Nev) I left the family to it to head to the Twitten.

There I had a chat with Dawn, and met John who is going to do the repairs and garden, and handed him an eyewatering cheque. Also went to the gym for another sweaty session. Called Anna who was sitting beside a river in France, and this made me feel rather jealous.

The evening brought more rehearsals. And Lorraine Beth and I sat listening to hundreds of SF sound effects to get the right ones for Betty the Spacegirl, plus some pirate theme tunes. And so, we whooooooshed off to bed.

Comments