Sam and Pat's Birthday

Refreshed and up early. Drove to the Twitten to rescue various plants, including my vast tree-like jade plant, which I grew from a single leaf and must now be twenty years old. Then L and I to the gym. I noticed how Lorraine gets the same strangely noble expression while excersising that she does while singing.

Then to The Sussex Yeoman to celebrate Sam's 21st and Pat's 78th birthdays. Sam was on excellent form and pleased with his presents. I got him a Gresham Blake token (Blake is a local tailor and very stylish). Sam, Mark and I all scoffed venison burgers which was rather fine.Sam joined shortly before he left by a friend called Penny teetering on high heels.

Then home, via the Twitten where Dawn was working at decorating my house, and we gave her some of the sponge-free, chocolate free cake Lorraine had bought for Sam (which had been served with candles and mini Jolly Roger pirate flags).

Home and I went to bed for two hours with Calliope sleeping next to me. When I came to again, Lorraine had developed a cold, and I found myself shivery too. I stayed up late expecting a call to contribute to the late show on Radio Devon run by JKT. Sat expectantly by my phone listening to JKT, Richard and Jane till midnight (and having a protracted facebook conversation with Paul who was also listening while busy dissing the music choices) but call there came none.

Thence, very gratefully, to bed.

Comments