The Brighton oasis

Gah. Dragging myself through Friday by my fingernails and gulping teas and even a diet coke to stave off the tiredness. Trying to be manically focused on completing things. A typical agency experience, the days becoming inreasingly frenzied as the week progressed. I was again working on tooth decay and kibbles, helping myself to the bowls of sweets and candies they leave here and there to celebrate Friday.

A feeling of huge relief as I was at last released back into the wild. Tried to sleep on the slow trundle down to Brighton but didn't. Fed my fish, then strode manfully down to The Basketmakers to meet Lorraine, for this had been the oasis to which I had been crawling all day. There had a very cheery, if tired, drink with Lorraine, Dawn, Cath, Betty and Sam before sloping home, mumbling at a takeaway and slumping exhaustedly into bed.

Comments