Aliens, Lazarus technology and The Cloud Of Things That Must Be Done

Vets again, to put a new chip in Calliope who bolted as soon as she saw the carrier and howled piteously there and back in the car. What a simple idea it seemed at first to put a catflap through the glass door. But of course the glaziers cut the flap hole in the wrong place so the generously-proportioned Basil becomes lodged in it. New glass is coming, so theoretically all three cats will now be able to use the flap. Now we need to get money back from the manufacturers of the cat flap which should have recognised Calliope's original chip. Multiply this small saga by about twenty and you have The Cloud Of Things That Must Be Done.

On the positive side Dawny is already busy painting and decorating in my place. Meanwhile Betty, Mark and Callum returned from shopping sporting hilarious alien clothes. I'm feeling very optimistic about the show this week. Betty and I go to meet Tarik tomorrow to discuss practicalities.

I had a few hours to do some work between dodging the effects of the new broadband we've had installed which is intermittent at best. But felt slightly more in control by the end of the day. Agency may or may not give me some work this week. Not knowing the basics of what every day brings just adds to the stress.

Miraculously , my iPod which spontaneously died three weeks ago simply threw off its winding cloths and worked again: Lazarus technology.

Lorraine and I off to the gym this evening, both of us are slowly losing weight and encouraging each other, which can only be a good thing. I am using weights to tighten up my upper body, as my legs are like taught stringy whipcords thanks to the Hulk Legs machine, but my upper body a crime against God. Home to chicken fajitas. Yum.

Comments