Moving the big things

Up early, with Calliope noisily exporing her new environs of the bedroom. Lorraine and I back blearily early to the Twitten. Cath and Dawn very kindly arrived to help. Then Steve and Lance, the 'nice man big van' guys sparked ant-like ferrying along the twitten, past the talkative man waiting for his drugs, and into the back of the big van. Dawn seemingly able to carry her own bodyweight. Beyond, the centre of town unnusually lively around the station with Brighton football supporters, who played their first league game in their new ground up at Falmer.

At the end, Lorraine reminded me to lock the back door of my house, and I walked in again, noticing my footfalls echoing, and I felt a moment's contentment. I've had a great time at that house, but I am ready and very happy to move in with Lorraine. I left the aquarium there to be collected in a day or so.

At The Old Church Hall, a mere five minutes away, Betty and Mark were ready with tea and biscuits, and a special moving in mix of tunes and the unloading continued. I couldn't help but notice how I seemed to carry a a plethora of heavy boxes myself as one of the men became asborbed in the Rubik's cube business of reassembling my futon.

The Old Church Hall looking like a bomb had hit it at the end of our endevours. Paid off the nice men, thanked Dawn and Cath profusely and consumed quorn sausages cooked by Betty and then began the endless box opening and the fitting of two houses into one. My gold sofas look good here.

Cat politics: Basil burst into the room Calliope was in and both very alarmed and suprised. Hissing, and some growling but Basil fled so Calliope won her first match. But, as they say in football, the season has only just begun.

Then at six around the corner to visit Di and Adrian, and to be treated with cold rose and nibbles. They have a lovely big house full of light, and embellished with Adrian's amazing seascape photography.

Then home again and after more work, off with Betty, her pal Laura, Matt and Wayne who had arrived with a bunch of enormous sunflowers, to go for a curry in the Shahi. My top hat on slighly askew by the time I reached home. However Sam arrived and wine had to be drunk with him too.

Luckily there was an enormous party outside with a live band, which we had been told about weeks in advance, but it only which abated at 2am. We slept on the other side of the house in Beth's room, but Calliope cried continuously like a dripping tap until we returned to the big bedroom. And so, at long last, to a slightly drunken sleep.

Comments