My life is a soap

I decided today, that living at the Old Church Hall is currently like inhabiting a soap opera. There is the daily sporting of alien costumes and piratical roaring of the rehearsals. Regular visitors turn up to add colour to the story, such as Cath today returning an umbrella she borrowed yesterday and for a fast wee, and there are comedy moments with random pieces of machinery or IT malfunctioning every day, and cats gambolling about and having hissy fits.

Lorraine and I popped up to the Twitten and saw Dawn hard at it. She has also liaised with the builder, and work will start shortly on the garden and kitchen. It is all costing a small fortune.

Then off to the Marlborough Theatre with Beth, Mark and Callum to meet Tarik to discuss staging the show on Friday and Saturday. Very haphazard organisation, and the venue has added nothing to our marketing other than distributing the flyers I provided. Luckily Beth has been an absolute star in this respect, and we should still have a pretty good audience. Tarik a very nice man, sporting a steampunk brass touches to his waistcoat. We talked in a room full of props including a stuffed weasel or stoat, which I had to throw my jacket over as Beth has stuffed animal phobia.

After this meeting in the late afternoon, Beth suggested she and I sneak into the Basketmakers for a brief interlude. Lovely chat with her, while Lorraine did a spot of shopping. Then Beth and I home, via Sainsbury's. Beth cooked a fantastic hake, sausage, bean and vegetable dish, although I had to wander about in search of sausage after the chorizo we bought was found to be mouldy. I returned with a boomerang wedge of Polish smoked sausages which worked very well.

Matt arrived and we went upstairs to listen to the recordings and make copious notes about the to prepare for your next session of mastering and mixing with Simon Scardanelli. Meanwhile Beth talking to Becky who is producing the show, announcing that she can only be at the theatre an hour and a half before the performance.

Matt and I had a fast and cheeky pint, with Matt full of ideas for the opera and the sense of an optimistic horizon. Then home to Lorraine and Beth armed with a small amount of toffee popcorn covered in chocolate.

Suddenly I'm feeling very at home in the Old Church Hall.

Comments