Return

Woke from a lavender-induced coma and sidled downstairs to have cups of tea with Mum and Mas. Snuck off to snap the cat factory pictures below. Mum and Mas then drove me to Edgware station and the dubious pleasures of the Northern Line (aka the Misery Line) train to Euston. Not over fond of the tube, and in the hot claustrophobic rush hour I soon felt twitchy.

Spent the day getting to the root (arf) of the dental caries work. Had lunch with Slug, who was also freelancing there. Stood outside a pub lapping a cold cider and talking philosophically of life as an advertising creative.

After work was done getting home proved straightforward as there was a 50% train service running, and I managed to clamber aboard a train and sink into an audiobook. In need of a shower when I got home, not least as I had been wearing the same clothes for two days in a row. Luckily my extreme moral virtue is reflected in not being the smelliest person in the world.

Lorraine had been through a gym induction this evening, and arrived at my place glowing, having done all kinds of unlikely exercises. To celebrate the start of her holiday and my clocking off for the week so as to be able to move, we went for a cheeky late night curry. I have to say this sounds disgraceful but we tend to have tandoori chicken which is skinless chicken cooked on skewers in a hot oven, so is not actually that fattening. Yet more cold lager though. The Plan: I regain control of my diet again tomorrow.... etc. ad nauseam.

Below Mum's cat factory.


Comments