Yaar!

Toby's last morning in Brighton. A large breakfast to send him on his way. Toby, Lorraine and I went for a walkabout through Brighton before seeing him off at the station. It had been great to see him, and I was pleased at least we found some time to talk here and there. Sad as ever to see my brother leaving, and wished we could live in the same town. But at least I get to travel to Toronto to see him and Romy, which is a bonus.

Home to a phone call from Mum wondering what day Toby was returning, and the manly business of screwing newly-waxed bookcases to the walls with L-shaped brackets to prevent one of those ghastly book crushing accidents you are always reading about. Then emptying boxes of books and placing them on the shelves: naturally my books filled these up in a trice and there are still several unopened boxes. Sam here too, helping Lorraine sort out an old computer. I gave him a thick philosophy encyclopedia, as he will probably get way more use from it, going off for three years to study philosopy, than I will.

Meanwhile more rehearsals going on. I sat in for a while as Mark has finished Pirates Anonymous. Generally good fun and full of shouty piratical madness.

Everybody walking about the house saying Narr and Yarr and Arrgh a good deal. After Callum left, we settled down to watch The King's Speech, which was surprisingly enjoyable, and extremely well acted. Some stammering mixing in with the general piracy.

An early, and blameless night. With eyepads, me hearties.

Comments