Wetshirt

Breakfast of bacon sandwiches with Maureen and Pat. Lorraine and I went with them to the station, and to the gym. I had planned to stop of at my house first to pick up a shirt and a towel, and then have a shower there after the gym.

I didn't have my keys, though, and nor did Lorraine. I went to the gym for a bit anyway, surging about on the hulk-legs machine and then having a shower. Having no shirt to change into, I simply took my gym shirt into the shower reasoning that it was one of the high tech quick drying variety. Standing about after trying not to look selfconscious drying myself and sodden teeshirt with a hairdryer. Gah.

Off then to The Sussex Yeoman to meet John and Matt and Matt's great friend Ruth down from Edinburgh. A really nice Sunday Lunch, apart from the stupid wet shirt. Really liked Ruth, who studied composition with Matt and is a fantastic piano player (though sadly she hates performing) and arranges musical events in Scotland.

Home and slept soundly for an hour in the afternoon. Creeping about feeling tired for the rest of the day, and enjoying the Swedish Wallender, before Lorraine and I working on more endless house tidying. And then the return of Match of the Day, and some football to watch.

Comments