The last bauble in the bag

Today was the big Monday of the year. I however woke to a coverlet of snow in the Twitten and a purring kitten, and feeling lucky and privileged to be working from home. Not having to struggle off to London on the train is ace. Later I got a text from Beth who was thinking of Calliope's first experience of snow. The kitten herself, however, was generally disdainful of it.

Slid off to the quack first thing. Then back home to write nine more case studies on unpleasant ailments - I learned more about Ulcerative Colitis than I ever wanted to know. Wonderfully, however, the website folks have paid my invoice: Calliope and me will eat for some months! And fortunately not each other.

I had a dream a few days ago about a person called Barcelona Katz. I am usually good at understanding my own dreams, but Barcelona Katz has got me stumped. Unless it is yet another blinking cat reference.

After this off to the gym at 6:30, which was unbelievably crowded with people I found detestable. I only stayed for 25 minutes - a bit of a waste of time, but better than nothing I suppose.

Home, and put away the Christmas tree, with some protests and fighting by the kitten. Talked to Lorraine. She said that Cath had told her that Hywel the Viking archaeologist had liked me, because I'd been interested in his work and asked him about it. Seems such a little thing really.

As I put the last cat-tormented bauble in the bag. I reflected that it had been a really good Christmas. The winter awaits.

Comments