DIY

Practical Sunday. Helped Lorraine take a manky carpet to the recycling plant, God knows what her last lodger had been doing on it. And we wandered about a couple of DIY stores, where there was a good sale on and I bought some shelves, light shades, a cushion, and an autumnal coloured candle because it matched my living room. This may be the first time I have bought a decorative candle for myself, and finding myself excited in Homebase is new too. Lorraine also on a spending spree, and bought two nice kitchen stools at a knock down price and we came away very pleased with ourselves.

Then to Brighton Marina where Lorraine and I had a surprisingly nice Italian meal in Zizzi's while her car was being cleaned. No drama, as this time Lorraine had not put the wrong petrol in the car so there was no sudden car death in the car wash queue. This time, however, Lorraine had to leave the restaurant half way through her main course to pay for the wash. I was anxiously approached by the waitress who asked if everything was okay. I should have said no through clenched teeth, and ordered a large bottle of wine and a single glass for drama. But I didn't.

Home in the late afternoon. Assembled shelves, changed light shades, and watched the contrary Calliope suddenly eating like a horse. Looking forward to next week.

The only sour note of the day... A dismal rudderless Chelsea were beaten 3-0 away to Manchester United. I knew this was going to happen, as lately they have drastically lost form. Chelsea's amiable manager Big Phil Scolari doesn't seem to be able to fix it. "I suspect this text will fall on deaf ears...." received from the Man U loving Anton shortly after the final whistle. It did. I watched Match of the Day tonight, but cleverly only switched on after they showed the Chelsea match.

Comments