Morning brainwave

Up fairly early in a beautiful sunny morning, after a waking brainwave about The Sick Day. Made more progress in an hour or so this morning, than in the whole of Friday.

Read a horoscope somewhere for Librans saying it would be a brilliant year for artistic breakthroughs, which would be splendidly timed.

Got an email from Maria Rivans, the collage artist. I am on her early mailing list now and intend to buy some of her work after I've got over the shock of ordering a new computer.

Then made Lorraine and I an enormous mass of mushrooms cooked in butter and sage, tomatoes, toast, eggs, bacon and beans. Lorraine off to the back crackers, then I worked for a little more, and chatted to Anton who had called to discuss our next walk, and mention Manchester United severally.

After four years I replacing the dodgy light switch in the bathroom; thanks to Lorraine's supervision (which included a call to her ex-electrician dad). Later plunged into the Laines and bought stuff like bok choy, tofu and organic dates (compensating for the morning's excesses). Dates are my new weakness.

Feeling lethargic by late afternoon, so I had a quiet evening in listening to the wind and then the rain. Lorraine and Cath had been having a long girly chat in the Battle of Trafalgar, and I joined them later. I like Cath, who I'd last seen with her archeologist friend. Then Lorraine and I walked the 20 yards home to watch Match of the Day, and see Chelsea return to winning ways.

Comments