Bookended by socks

Noticed when I woke up that Calliope had overnight removed all the balled sock pairs from my sock draw and carried them to my bed, which was handy. If I can train her to bring me just one pair this could be useful.

Out into a smattering of snowflakes in the twitten, and up to London for another day with Betsy on the surgical wound business. Lots more bumping into old friends, including Al who was very huggy and pleased to see me, which was nice.

Matty boy was there too, having just started a big strategy role in Betsy's agency. After work I went to the bar and chatted with Benny the barman who gave me free crisps and, as an Iranian exile, explained how Hammas have shit for brains. I was joined by Matty and Betsy who I introduced to one another, and we had a quick drink. Matty enjoying his new start I think, and he will do exceptionally well in what seems like a pleasant little agency. Got the tube with Betsy, and discovered we had both flirted with Marxism in our youths. Rather suprised me in a 29 year old American. Then arrived at Brighton at 10, chatting to an overworked Lorraine on my phone as I did so.

Felt very happy to be home, and knowing that I will be working from home tomorrow. Boofed down on my gold sofa with some Chinese takeaway only to discover I was sitting on a small nest of socks.

Comments

Amanda said…
My old cat BotBot, who died last year used to drag socks and other items of clothing around the house. Embarrassing when I had flatmates or guests staying as they would think I was an untidy slob until they caught her in action. Funny thing about it - when you saw her doing it (she would be wailing at the same time as dragging) she would stop and walk away as though she'd been caught stealing.
Peter Kenny said…
Funny how they are easily embarassed and can look guilty. Did you see that news item where it was proved that dogs can get jealous recently?
Peter Kenny said…
Sometimes they are embarrassed too, as well as embarassed. D'oh.