Up on the roof

Off this morning for another blood test, and got into a mild disagreement with the nurse over an energy generating windmill. She mentioned Glyndebourne and I told her I had interviewed its CEO recently. She thought the planned wind turbine would be an eyesore, and I said that the Christie only had the best environmental interests at heart. She jabbed me in the arm rather smartly after that.

Then home to break my cafetiere, and resume work on the Skelton Yawngrave novel, before Toby emerged from bed. Worked hard in the morning, and Toby went out for a short walk. Unfortunately the weather was unspeakable again, with lots of rain. After a lunch of fried tomatoes on toast, I went for a swim, and found I seemed to suddenly have a great deal more energy. Surged up and down happily. Bought a new cafetiere and then hung about with Toby listening to bits and pieces of music and generally chatting.

As the day wore on the weather finally cheered up. Lorraine invited Toby and myself off to her place for one of her world beating home made curries. We yummed into these, and then we climbed up onto her high roof to look out at Brighton and marvel at the fact it wasn't raining. As Lorraine and Toby chatted I took photos to distract myself from vertigo.

Below a self portrait, and shots from Lorraine's roof.








Comments