The looming of cats

Woke at five with a hangover, which was entirely Anton's fault. Got up groggily and blundered on with my Skelton Yawngrave business for several hours and then spoke to Mum. In the afternoon went to the local gym called LA Fitness, and have booked an induction meeting tomorrow.

Home, and I spent much time cleaning my bathroom, as if by cleaning external things I could purify myself.

Grey sunless day. What an appalling country this is. Looked at cats on websites. I am edging closer to getting one, although it seems these days you have to go through all kinds of hoops before you can have a cat. Some cat adoption places come around to your house to make sure you don't have cat fur cushions, or that you've not secretly got three or four pitbull terriers with cat issues. I am thinking I should get a kitten so that it won't always be looking at me accusingly and comparing me to its previous owner.

A quiet evening in reading, and virtuously sipping green tea and sparkling water and mainly eating spinach. Watched Maestro on TV: this is a competition where various celebs learn to become conductors. Surprisingly interesting. Drum and bass hero Goldie is fantastic, as is Sue Perkins. I had to restrain myself from pretending to conduct the music too. A thing that has never happened to me before.

Comments

Amanda said…
Our last cat we got as a kitten from the SPCA. Get em young is best. If they have been pre-owned you don't know how it's been treated. If it was abused it may have strange paranoid personality. Cats are also great fun as a kitten unless you pride youself with designer curtains and immaculate furniture.