Harvest

Up early and worked for a few hours on Skelton Yawngrave. And, have finished the first draft bar a few paragraphs. Found myself quite moved when I reached the ending, but whether this was due to the brilliance of the writing, or just simple relief I don't know. It stands at 68.5k but the second version will be longer. I am delighted.

Toby and I then had quite a chilled day. The two Mr Kennys took themselves for a stroll down to the Pavilion gardens in the afternoon to meet Anna and my Godbairns. Anna cheerful and lovely as usual, Klaudia running about the place wearing my hat for a while, and then sitting in it. Young Oskar on the brink of saying loads of things. And he is almost as tall as his sister already.

Some other ladies joined us with kids with painted faces, and Toby looking slightly alarmed as they began to howl. Able to do a good deed today, as Reuben called me looking for someone to help out at his agency, and I reminded him that First Matie was on a break at the moment.

From there up to see Ken, had a couple of generous lots of talk, not to mention glasses of wine, with him. Ken was interested in Toby's experiences as a teacher and in Japan. Ken gave Toby a copy of his Mabley book as we left too.

Home and Lorraine dropped by for a glass of water and then the Tobster and I went off to an Italian restaurant for some light grub.

Home and the Harvest began: a Borg like assimilation of MP3s from Toby's computer. Toby was harvesting my stuff too. My computer is now groaning under the weight of 70s soul and punk classics, Jazz, rock, ambient, and other plain weird stuff that the Tobster has garnered over the years. Went to bed wired and exhilarated.

Comments