Summer lightning

Wrote happily about skeletons all day, and keeping a low profile. In the evening, after watching a TV programme about Guyana's wildlife, I noticed the sky flashing with distant lightning. So I headed down to the seafront, getting drenched en route, but glorying in the light show. Walking in the stair rod rain I kept stumbling across little sodden colonies of people sheltering in arches and shop doorways. One or two of these groups being foreign students amazed by the ghastliness of the English summer.

The electric storm has been going for a couple of hours as I write with little sign of abating. I love it. Looking up at a few airliners flying in a flashing sky. The view up there must be spectacular - if not a little alarming.



Below fragments of lightning taken from the pier.





Comments

Anonymous said…
F me that second photo is amazing. Are you Flickering?

RT