An empty pool

So apart from being plucked out of the street to go on radio... Reuben got in touch, and I have a couple of days work at his agency. Kate is there at the moment, and she was able to email me with an accusation of copying. Next week is filling up nicely, what with the interview I am doing on Monday too. Still feeling edgy though, which I don't like.

I joined the gym, which doesn't seem too appalling a place. I went for a forty minute swim in an almost empty pool. This was wonderful, as it allowed me to zone out rather than constantly be negotiating other people in the lanes. Heard a radio feature about pool attendance, which has soared given the Great Britain's Olympic swimming medals. This was linked to an increase in pool rage, with people jostling and arguing in the overcrowded lanes.

Later returned for a one-on-one with a pleasant and suitably Adonis-like personal trainer, but this was cut short as I need a note from my doctor to say it was okay to work on any of the equipment because of my recent blood pressure reading, etc. etc. etc. I returned home under a cloud of hypochondria.

Lorraine popped by for a half an hour. Her day of two birthdays wasn't exactly going to plan as her mum had an unspeakable migraine today, and was sick and confined to bed. Then I went off to meet Anton and his cheerful pal John, who is a headmaster with a penchant for firing questions such as: what is the largest country in Africa? or what is the highest altitude capital in Europe? And so on.

Home and loving this tune by Salif Keita & Cesária Évora - called Yamore that Toby showed me on YouTube. Have downloaded the song from iTunes but the video is beautiful... See it for yourself here:

Comments