Toby and the Turtle

Lots of work on Skeletons first thing this morning. Only a few days away now from completing the first draft. Spoke to Mum, and talked about how I have more Achilles heels than a spider, and the rubbishness of art dealers, among other subjects.

Just setting off for a swim when I heard a shout from behind me and there was Toby emerging speedily from the end of my twitten having arrived earlier than expected. So instead of a swim we went for a walk along the seafront and pier. It was incredibly windy and stormy this afternoon. In fact it was the strongest wind I can remember down here. The sea was white, and there was one of those winds you can lean into. We walked along noticing the Union flag in tatters over a seafood shop. Drops of spray and rain stung our faces. There were still people enjoying the pier, and certain rides, which was rather amazing. We hung off it watching very big waves rolling in.


After this exhilaration, we repaired to the Mock Turtle for cream teas à la the Brothers Crane. Had a really good chat out of the wind, and as we snapped into our scones with cream and strawberry jam, we talked about how Romy would have loved it down there. I love the Mock Turtle. We meandered back through town and ended up in the rather splendid Dave's Comics on Sydney Street, as I had been interested in a programme I watched on TV about graphic novels. When I asked for some advice about where to start I was pointed to Watchmen which I have bought and is some kind of classic of the genre apparently.

In the evening Tobs and I ate fish and chip supper, and after then went for a late drink with Anton. This, combined with the cream tea not entirely in line with New PK thinking, but Tobs is only here once in a blue moon. Had fun chatting in the Eddy and then The Battle of Trafalgar. Toby talking about alpha brain waves saving people from forest fires and, to Anton's utter delight, Stowa watches. Needless to say Anton was sporting one.

I busily flaunted my £19 Timex, but to little effect.

Home, and reading Watchmen in bed

Below Toby and the white sea.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice hair!
OX
Romy