Brainwaves, muppets and mince pies

Eye test first thing today. Set off after working for a hour or so. After going to North Road rather than North Street I made it just in time only to discover I had left my wallet at home. However a woman let me in to have my test, which later created a furore of stifled bad temper afterwards, as she shouldn't have done as they've had people running off having had their eyes tested. And they were eyeing me as if I'd do the same, despite me offering to leave my camera as security.

More importantly for me was that my mince pies had not further deteriorated and also my eye health appears to be okay too despite my floaters. I have loads of these dratted things, drifting in lines and curtains over my vision. Infuriating, but nothing to be done about them apparently.

Then back to work on Skeletons. I unravelled a thorny part in the plot today, which allowed me to create a spurt of progress. Much better even than this, however was a chat I had with Anton tonight over a beer about how to market it. After a brainwave, he has given me an approach which could create some real cut through. Brilliant! Not to mention spectacular!

Lorraine popped by for a short while on her bicycle which she has broken out of hiding.

Mex called too, with news of a networking event just down the road from me that she is attending. I think I will too as networking is big and clever.

Surfing TV as I was eating my grub in the early evening I chanced on a five minute comical scene of Richard & Judy interviewing Richard Dawkins about evolution. He has a forthcoming TV series about Charles Darwin, but those two muppets were painfully out of their depth. Judy's first question was so badly put that he misinterpreted her question entirely and answered it with something completely different. Excruciating.

Comments