Leaves are the new pies

Back to normal today, or at least a simulacrum of normality where my morning coffee is decaf, and lunch is a salad sandwich. In the evening stayed in to watch TV as this is the new going out. Drank sparkling water too, as this is the new beer. Had a swim, with no ill effects. But all in all, I have been feeling curiously calm and chilled, and the hypochondria is abating.

Worked for hours and fruitfully on my Skelton Yawngrave story. In the evening Lorraine called around to check I was still alive: and we were both pleased to discover that I was. To celebrate we ate some Guernsey bean jar and watched a reality show with Drum and Bass hero Goldie and Blur's Alex James, among others, attempting to become conductors.

Unusually I find myself taking a passing interest in the Olympics. Normally the idea of learning who can, for example, throw a stick a bit further than someone else makes me want to put my head in a blender.

Comments