Radio interlude

Not every day that you are grabbed off the street and bundled into a radio station.

I was mooching off to look at gym clothes -- what do people wear in gyms? -- prior to joining LA Fitness, when a woman who turned out to be Allison Fearns, a presenter at BBC Southern Counties stopped me in the street. In seconds I was in the studio, and then as the strains of Street life by Randy Crawford died away, I was being interviewed live by Allison in her show's "streetlife" spot - where they simply grab someone off the street and interview them.

They told me the interview would be 5-10 minutes but it seemed to go on quite a bit longer. Naturally this was all catnip for me, and I somehow (arf) managed to talk fluently about my life and works, and mentioned my poetry and Skelton Yawngrave too. Talked for what seemed about double the allotted time. Came out of it feeling very pleased with myself, and feeling that it was some sort of sign. They said I must come in again too if things take off.

Now I'm at home, I keep thinking about Frasier Crane.

Comments