Networking

A busy day today. Went down to the Quadrant pub to attend the Brighton Social Media Cafe. Mex had let me know about this, and she attended too. A diverse and interesting group of people with a pleasingly geeky undercurrent. I met several interesting people, including having a long and interesting chat with a business advisor called Julia, Mex also introduced me to several other people, and stepping in to big me up in the course of introductions. A nice man called Curtis was saying that he wished his ex-wife would be as nice about him. It was all well worth attending, and I learned quite a bit too. And only about 50% of it from Mex.

The cafe will be repeated so I'll pop along again.

Then a delicate Thai meal with Toby and Mex. They'd not seen each other for several years and it was all quite jolly. Mex full of news and ideas, as well as vivid accounts of cat handling, her cat Boli. By coincidence I am in the market for a cat too, and may well score one shortly. Fond farewells to Mex who was off to see Anton and Anna and Ken, and then Toby and I mooched about looking at art and having a coffee.

After regrouping at home, the evening was given over to a curry and beer with Lorraine. We went to the Cricketers for a cheeky pint or two of Harveys first, Toby and Lorraine passionate about various teacherly subjects. Then onto the Indian restaurant, where they now greet me with a handshake, and Lorraine with friendly chats. This may be a sign.

Bumped into a fairly well refreshed Will Leith on the way home, who is an old university pal, and we stopped for a fairly inconclusive chat.

Below in between the constant rain, the gladioli of my front garden are looking nice.


Comments

Anonymous said…
This made me remember the thing about Tobes being a drooling hunchback, which made me laugh like a drain. Thanks again for the K8 tip, a godsend for us all.