Steamy Sunday

Anton and Bob's birthdays today.

Up early and while I was typing in my back yard Anton called and said did I fancy going to the flea market by the station. Wandered about with him and baby Oskar. A chuffing big steamtrain in the station below, which attracted lots of attention as it huffed out of the station. Something almost organic about steamtrains.

Anton in a good mood and parading about generally talking about his "birthday month". After we were done at the market, I wandered through the lanes to buy Anton his present, of a Swedish massage voucher. Then met up with him and Anna and the kids, Brian and Anne and Keith, Anton's folks. We went to the Tin Drum for a good Birthday feed.

I was feeling a bit washed out today. Slight stomach ache and so on making me feel a bit wussy and tired. After a good deal of chatting to Anne and Keith, I went home for a bit of a siesta and a small spot of tending to my roses.

In the evening I returned up the hill to babysit for A&A and Brian who went out for a meal and a drink. Fortunately, tthe babies had peeped not but I ended up watching a DVD of the newish Peep Show series, which is a strange and funny comedy. At the end of the evening Anna came back and I joined the boys for a cheeky beer in the Eddy.

Below a steamy scene at Brighton station the engine is called Tangmere; and Anne and Keith and baby Oskar who can now walk, with a bit of help.




Comments