The omen of the golden toad

The lovely Christiane, God daughter of Anton, and living now in Australia, sent me a note today, which said: I was just reading your blog for the first time in a couple of weeks and on reaching the bit about toads in the channel islands, i felt compelled to tell you that i had the strangest dream 2 nights ago which featured you and you had a big golden toad living in a pond under your house.

This is, clearly, a very good omen. Of what I am not sure, but it is a good one.

A pleasant day today. Started the day being filmed with some other chaps from the agency queuing outside a pharmacy on the Fulham Palace Road. Then the business of working itself, which wasn't bad. I made time for a swim for the third day. Feeling whale like. Imagining people pushing me back into the pool when I started to crawl out, rushing about with buckets of water and tarpaulins etc. and looking about anxiously for the rest of the pod.

Had a quick drink after work with some colleagues and then made my way back to Brighton. Zipped into a noisy Eddy to watch the second half of England v Russia in the European cup and drink a couple of beers while England managed a satisfying 3-0 win. As I'd not eaten I found myself a bit drunk, but this soon remedied by some Chinese grub and a profound sleep.

Comments