Tube hell, taxi purgatory

Wishing the day away. Left work at 7, and there is currently a strike that has closed down much of the tube network. Managed a few stops on the Piccadilly line and then simply got a cab to Victoria, pleased with myself that I am at a "lifestage" when I can simply get a cab if I want one.

This proved to be a bit of a mistake as the driver treated me to some of his xenophobic opinions. I hate people with opinions. One of his opinions about the traffic was: "They let ten million people into this country in the last ten years, and they're dreaming if they don't think they won't all buy cars." A few of these made me feel like slamming his head in the cab door like Vinnie Jones in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. But, as my pal Paul pointed out to me today, "if you go looking for revenge you better dig two graves".

Home sometime after nine. Listened to this brilliant programme on Radio 4, which was the late George Melly talking about The Night. Top.

Comments