A welcome end to the week

Into work and quickly spilled coffee all over myself and my desk. Spent ten minutes washing my shirt in the bathroom. Brain a bit fried: found myself looking at a simple page of copy and being unable to work out what needed to be done. Fortunately things quiet so I was able to get away with it.

Out at lunch for a bite to eat with Alice and others in the Riverside studios, as Lucy was leaving, having got a job offer the day we'd been beaten up by the client last week. Then on the way home, I had a cheeky beer and gossip with my boss before snoozing on the train home listening to Alias Grace, which I am really enjoying now.

In the evening met Lorraine and we went to the pub to see Anton and some of his babyfather chums. The conversation drifted onto piranhas, and somebody said that they weren't as bad as they were painted, which gave me the opportunity to say no... not all were bad, and some of them had the excuse of coming from bad schools. A brilliant quip which fell on deaf ears. Then on with Lorraine for an enjoyable Friday night curry in a restaurant called the Agra before returning home to flake out.

Good news about some old friends Christain and Jane who are now in Australia. After five or so years of trying for a baby they have just had a daughter called Ava a year after moving to Oz. Some theorising about Christian, who is Australian. Apparently his sperm were swimming upside down in the UK.

Comments

livesbythewoods said…
I so wish I'd thought of the "bad schools" comment.

My hat is off to you.