A wooden horse called Terry

A lazy morning, but in the afternoon Sarah and Fras came to town. I met up with them and Anton and Anna to sit outside the Mock Turtle tea room - with the four children. Klaudia,happily chuckling, poured a variety of milk and tea based products on my knees.

Then we all strolled along the seafront chatting, and I did more Godfatherly duties with Klaudia on the merry-go-round, on a wooden horse called Terry. Fun to sail around with Klaudia watching her take in all the lights and the music, and wave to Anna on every circuit.

Fond farewells to Fras and Sarah and I walked home with Anna and Anton and the kids. Quite touched when Klaudia for the first time in her life gave me an unprompted kiss goodbye. Then home, for a much-needed quiet night watching the X factor on TV and drinking sparkling glasses of mineral water with a judicious squeeze of lemon.

Comments