A statue of affection

Sluggish start to the day. Due to an infernal tube strike after getting to London I ended up walking from Putney Station to my offices, which took about 40 minutes. But it was a very beautiful morning. And I felt free and happy walking across Putney Bridge and along the river. I saw some statues I'd never noticed, including the one below, called Affection.

Curiously I had a head full of sludge all day, and every time I opened my mouth something faintly idiotic came out of it. But after presenting some work (which I did badly but got away with it) we went out as a team with our clients for lunch, as one of them was leaving to have a baby. Ate some nice sea bass steamed in a bag with Jersey potatoes. Said one or two more slightly idiotic things while waving my fork about but did no damage.

I have had to postpone my holiday yet again due to work stuff. The people I flew to Basel to discuss sticking needles in people's eyes last week are going to give us the business. This of course makes me rather big and clever. It also means I've had to bump my vacation to meet them again when they come to London. But I am intending to get a week or so in Guernsey at the end of the month. I can't remember feeling that I needed a vacation so much.

Fell asleep listening to Alias Grace again on the train, and home early-ish but feeling a bit of a zombie. Lakshmi and I were supposed to be going out tonight but we had to cancel because of the pesky tube worker's strike - however Aimee is coming over from Dubai in a couple of weeks and the three of us will get together then, which should be great. Haven't laid eyes on Aimee for several years - though we have been friends all along through blogs, and emails and so on. She is rather lively.

Below: affection; Putney Bridge featuring a rather busy bus stop due to the fact all the tubes were doomed, and the view upstream as I crossed the bridge.





Comments

Unknown said…
Sorry to hear about the strike. I was afraid you would be affected when I heard about it on the US news. Congrats on the eye-needle account though. You are truly big and clever.
Peter Kenny said…
Thanks Tawny and good luck with your blog...