Waw'ah!

Shot up to that London today. Met Lynne for coffee and cake in the Paddington agency. She said her little girl was asked her for some waw'ah (water) the other day, like the little Londoner she is. Lynne is taking her back to Fiji in December, I suggested she needed to dunk her into the south seas to wash all that London out of her.

Reading glasses exploded off my face on the tube, on the way home. One of the corner screws pinged out never to be seen again, and a lens dropping into my lap. Comedy gold for fellow passengers. But meant I couldn't read for all the journey home, a bit of a pain as I had carted lots of material with me.

Lorraine brought me home a pile of children's books. Today I read was from the eighties, and called  Room 13, which was set in Whitby and reminded me of a holiday L and I spent there with Sam and Jade and Beth and John. Ended in the children putting a stake made of Whitby Rock through the heart of a vampire, which was good fun.

Tom here this evening, and we went down to The Park View and had a bite to eat and a couple of beers. Nice to chat with Tom. Home, and bed quite early.

Comments