Dark fish, evil rummy

Saturday, and surprisingly perky considering last night's shenanigans. Woke up to find my short story, The Dark Fish, had been uploaded by Matthew the editor, who had been hard at work at 1am. Forced Lorraine to read it in bed, and went around saying the word Horror but only employing the first 'o' vowel sound.

Lorraine and I chatting lots this morning, and putting things in their right mental boxes. Lorraine needs to say thing out loud to manage them. I perfectly understand this. My own speciality is venting in a self loathing, depressive and angry way, which depresses anyone in earshot, but leaves me feeling cleansed and happy.

In the afternoon we scooted into town for some shopping, then Lorraine and I popped into The Bottom's Rest for a pint of Harveys. Beth met us there from work and we went back to the flat.

A cheery evening with Beth and John. We ordered a curry takeaway from around the corner, and John and I went to collect it. We bumped into a cheery Innis in the street. Once home we discovered the order was all wrong. When we returned, the apologetic restaurant folks gave us a free bottle of wine and a half a cobra each while we waited, and a sheaf of poppadoms extra. They were clearly having a nightmarish evening, and as we left a group of lairy lads that had been hanging about by the bus stop, had migrated into the downstairs part of the restaurant, from which as we left we could hear roaring.

Ate curry. Beth's birthday this week, so much Beth-lead debate about whether she was allowed to open her presents now. John was firm on the matter. We played John's evil rummy game till we all got tired and John had won. Then Lorraine and I hopped on the bus home. A lovely evening.

Matthew at Horla the Home of Intelligent Horror found this image to go with my story. I like it.

Comments