Draining the glass

Even if I say so myself, writing rather excellently first thing. Then I zoomed off to my last glass class for the foreseeable future. Took in some designs for my next piece and discussed them with Ben. He said at the end he would pop around to see how I was getting on and with glass and so on next year, which was kind of him.  

Off to Fatto a mano in Hove afterwards. For food and a glass of wine with classmates Yvonne, Adele, Rick, Mick, Frances and Sally. I had one of their nice diavola pizzas. Most of the ladies had delicate salads. A jolly interlude with lots of laughter. Yvonne, having few barriers, lays the groundwork for some some no-holds-barred conversations. Caught the bus to Fiveways with Rick, and as he lives around the corner from me we walked home. He is recently widowed, and he lives around the corner from me. Nice guy. His wife was only 59, but he has lots of family who are supporting him thankfully.

A bit more work and reading, before Lorraine came home and then we drove off to Steyning to have dinner at Dawn's place with her and David. She cooked a delicious kind of cheesy paella which I had two helpings of. Pleasant evening chatting about this and that around Dawn's wood burner in her cozy little house. Everyone a bit tired, and I was yawning my head off for some reason.

Below a workshop scene. Ben, helping Adele, with Frances on the right.


Comments