Pottering and revenge

Excellent text from Carl today, saying 'For the first time I can remember, I woke up this morning knowing I can do anything I want this weekend. Absolutely no regrets!' He sold his care-providing business, and is not on call at the weekend any more. I'm really pleased for him.

Lorraine and I got up late, after teas and breakfast in bed and lots of talking about a thorny problem she is facing. Then a spot of housework and some pottering about, we potted up the second acer tree we bought last week, and took bags of garden rubbish to recycling, one full of rose stems which did a surprising amount of pain to my thumb, and then lurked in the garden centre up near the racecourse, I wistfully looked at tropical fish for a minute. We spotted the purple berried plant again, that looks like it should be in an episode of the first Star Trek series.

A quiet day. I slept in the afternoon and read another Aickman story, and in the evening I popped out to Red Chilli for a takeaway, and we snuggled on the gold sofa and watched Wild Tales, a DVD of a movie John had bought us, containing hilarious and violent short stories about six violently uninhibited revenges. Loved it. 

Comments