A bite in the crypt

A poor night's sleep. Calliope came and sicked up on the carpet in the night too. Up and writing first thing, before walking down to Brighton to get a supersaver ticket to London. A pesky journey, with the train being delayed on the line for 20 minutes due to a signal fault in one of the tunnels, through which we had to drive slowly. I was listening to a Robert Aickman audiobook however, and listened to a nasty Freudian little story called The Swords.

A little late, I met Mum at The Salisbury, and it already had a few Christmas decorations. Had a nice time, nursing a beer from Cornwall, and chatting to mum about many things that needed talking about, before heading down into The Crypt Cafe for a bite to eat. It was very busy and we perched on stools to eat. Nice to see her of course I like my little jaunts up to meet her in town.

Listening to more Aitken nastiness on the train. Lorraine had a governors meeting tonight, so I zoomed off to Hove to meet Innis for a cheeky beer in a quiet corner of the The Old Albion, to discuss the photography, writing and the world in general.

Home and on a bus, from which I leaped out near Preston Circus where Lorraine picked me up, having driven home.  I made us some cheese on toast and we chatted till bedtime.

Comments