Nicely gothic

Monday, and out of bed the wrong way. Feeling anxious to get on with things, but what those things are is not entirely obvious. Spent the day attempting to get a grip. Lorraine off and into work not exactly with a song on her lips either.

A walk this afternoon which helped. I sent a happy birthday note off to Richard, now back in Guernsey. And I bumped into Simon Bottrell, who was looking extremely well after having had a nasty heart attack last year. In fact I have never seen him looking so good, and he seemed much happier and healthier than when I last saw him. He told me he was exercising all the time, and is managing his stress really well.

Started reading the book of short stories by Jeremy Page, called London Calling. Really good.

I wandered about the park brooding on how well I was managing things. Walked back by the side of the church, and my eye was caught by these fallen yew tree berries on the top of a tomb. Nicely gothic.

The evening continued with explosions. Lorraine sad we have not been to a display.




Comments