Glass and centaurs and astral twins

Up and a bit of my work, and a bit of tidying, before zooming off to my glass class. Another enjoyable session, where I did lots of soldering. Coffee afterwards with most of the class, and hung about chatting with Chris at the end.

This done, I simply slipped around the corner to call in on Helen, and we listened to the entirety of act two of the Centaur opera, to which she had done lots of work, really sounding convincing now. Perhaps it was having been to Glyndebourne recently, but it helped me imagine it being sung on stage more easily too. Good to see her for a while, and escape into a world of music.

Then I walked home. Lorraine having a bit of a wretched week at school for various reasons I won't go into here. Home, however, and we caught a cab and zoomed off down past Preston Park where a big fireworks display was going to happen, down to the Station pub in Hove again, where John's band Body Talk was playing again. Always nice to see Betty and John, and I enjoyed chatting to Ed and Matt.  It was a quieter night than last time, I suspect due to the fireworks parties going on. But I still managed a bit of wild interpretive dance, and later others joined in too.

It had been Dawn's birthday recently. We packed up her present at home, then jumped into the cab without it, which was a bit annoying. She and David seem to be getting on well, and I enjoyed talking to David. He was taking Dawn to a Wishbone Ash concert. Wishbone Ash Live Dates was the first album I bought. David is my astral twin, born on exactly the same day and year as me, so no wonder there was a bit of an overlap.

Lorraine and I cabbed home again. A cheerful night. Below another shot of John's mysterious kit, and my never-ending window. Just the bottom bit to do now.





Comments