Meeting and reading

So off to Hampton today, (standing room only from Preston Park obvs.) where I had a lunchtime meeting with The French Bloke and Pat. I was early, so sat in a cafe and had a cup of tea and a bacon roll for £4. Then I ambled off to sit by the river where I sat for ten minutes in the unseasonal November sun and looking at waterfowl. Then into the agency, chatted with various folks, and then Michel took me to a pub called The Jolly Coopers which dates back to the 18th Century.

Enjoyed catching up with Michel and then Pat, and I talked them through a powerpoint presentation of the thinking I have been doing about waiting rooms. They seemed quite intrigued and positive, and we will talk more about it.

By the time the train had come at Hampton Station it was already 3:30pm so I made off to Kings Cross. Here I idled by walking around the area and having a lengthy coffee and blueberry muffin before going to Housman's radical bookshop for the launch of An Outbreak of Peace. We heard four poets (I was one) and four prose people reading. A bit of a schlepp just to read a single poem, War Diary in 1/72 scale, but it was worth it, and I met some nice people. Including having a chat with a woman about Guernsey. Good to meet Cherry Potts the editor of Arachne Press and her partner Melanie (I think), and listen to a wide variety of contributors.

Managed to leap onto a fairly early train, and be home via taxi in time to chat with my lovely wifey before bedtime.

Below a snap of a thunderbird puppet me, reading my poem, and the view from the bench where I chilled out for ten minutes. Pat and the FB work in a restful and creativity provoking area.


Comments