Monday

The weather seasonally cold and dull. Anton knocking on the door this morning, having run across town to pick up his car and a bag.

I was up early to plan my next steps. I worked on a bit of writing. Tidying up and making a list seems to help. I am heading for a squeaky period financially. Spending lots on house repairs, then having to turn work away when Janet was dying has left the Kenny coffers at a very low ebb, just in time for my tax bill. In my line of work, this is not a good time to pick up freelance. However the only thing to do is work at what I can work at, and stay tranquil.

I went to the gym this afternoon, and had to drag myself through it. I only did half an hour's trundling on the cross trainer, but with the walk there and back, it is a good deal better than nothing.

Having reached an impasse with work, and Lorraine home late, I did some reading. Finished my Aickman collection, Compulsory Games, and am now reading an interesting book called Unforbidden Pleasures: Rethinking Authority, Power and Vitality, by Adam Phillips.

Lorraine home late, and we watched Vera, known in our house as 'Your Mam's dead pet'.

Comments