Pond life and happiness

A day to get on with things. Clem building new bespoke decking outside. I am in deep admiration of his practical ability, and the way he carries the entire project in 3D in his head. Occasionally I help him carry something, or have a chat about preferences. Having him here is not entirely brilliant for my own work as I increasingly need to feel insulated from everyone to think best.

A chat with what may be a new client for me this morning, Pat Norrie put us in touch. Then simply staring at my list and trying to think clearly about next steps until I made off to the gym in the afternoon, for another mild-mannered cross training session.

After Lorraine got home, we went for a walk in the park together, pausing over the pond in Preston Park which is squiggling with newts, tadpoles, and baby frogs swarming about on patches of algae on the surface. This made us both happy, and Lorraine could barely tear herself away.

Have started reading Genesis again in the King James version. It is a fascinating book. Reading it to Lorraine tonight in bed, which is a bit bizarre perhaps. She fell soundly asleep though.

Comments