Picnic in Hove

Ah the joys of sleeping in your own bed, and to be able to slink downstairs to make yourself a cup of tea. The simple pleasures. Tidying the house, and chatting to Mum. Then Lorraine and I went to Sainsbury's in the Qashqai and stocked up. I always like shopping with Lorraine. In the afternoon, Lorraine having to get to grips with some school stuff. I began to organise myself, and sort out my study, and plan my week ahead.

In the late afternoon we drove off to Hove, to Beth and John's flat and after Lorraine and I both had a go on John's electronic drum kit, that you can play with sticks but just hear the beats in your headphones, we set off for the beach with a picnic that Beth and John had made. John walking fairly well despite having badly sprained his foot at work last week.

Chilled on the pebbles, eating and drinking a few cold beers. A gorgeous clear evening, with the sea still and glassy and the same colour as the sky. When we were driving over the hill to Hove, Lorraine and I could see the Isle of Wight more clearly than I had ever seen it. Nice to see John, now back at the flat after mostly being in London since his dad died, taking care of business. Beth and John paddled, but it was cold with a brownish algal bloom that made it look slightly like sewage. Good fun.

Below Lorraine, and Beth and John dabbling in the sea, and various sea views.






Comments