Lorraine has a fever

Up and Lorraine complaining of a sore throat. I got on with stuff, and went to the gym after a few hours of work. Looked in at the barbers, but there were too many people waiting again. Felt good in the gym, and walking back through the park, but then unusually tired in the afternoon.

Received an Amazon order, a new translation of the Mabinognion, the selected Adam Zagajewski poems, as well as a book of his other writing, and a selected poems of Thomas Hardy. My interest having been piqued by listening to my new audiobook, which is a life of Thomas Hardy, a time torn man, by Claire Tomalin. I downloaded it by mistake, but have really enjoyed it. I have only ever read Far from the Madding Crowd, for O level English. I should read some more I think. I remember it well, which must stand for something.

Lorraine came home from work early, which is not like her at all. She had a fever, and went straight to bed. I fed her pills and drinks, but mostly she slept. The first day of the world cup today. The unfancied host nation Russia slaughtering Saudi Arabia (who were no great sheiks). I managed to fall asleep during the game, as I was unusually tired this afternoon.

Comments