Revelling in grimness

While Lorraine supported Beth in making a job application, I made off to the gym. Preston Park busy with sporty people. Another trundle on the cross trainer for me. Feeling a bit down on my own efforts today. I realised that over the last few years I have had fairly big artistic projects to get involved in,  such as launches of poetry books, concerts with Matt, plays with Betty and so on. This year by comparison feels fallow.

Home, and Lorraine and Betty finishing off, and Beth's pal Laura came by and they zoomed off together.

Lorraine and I broke up the small shed that had been used to keep rabbits in by the previous owners. We emptied it out, then unscrewed it and crowbarred it into obedience. The garden now has new decking, almost complete, as I spoke to Clem over the fence and the last joists have not yet arrived to complete it, but is strewn with the old decking, and bits of shed -- so a bomb site basically. Calliope hiding among it. Luckily, Clem knows people who will take the wood away to recycle, so this is a good thing.

Lorraine then had some school preparation to get on with. I spoke to Mum, and mooched about unproductively. Till it was time for dinner of fish and Jersey new potatoes. Chatted with Lorraine and generally cheered up. Had a bottle of corona beer and watched the second episode of the new Handmaid's Tale series. It's dystopian all right. It is revelling in grimness.

Comments